Do you have a job that requires a lot of your time? Your wedding is out of town, you have a small budget and you get easily stressed?
Hiring a wedding planner seems like something that you think you can’t afford? A wedding planner will actually help you save money in the long run.
Photo credits: Cottonbro
Wedding planners are problem solvers. Your wedding planner will not only sort out all issues but also foresee and prevent them. They will provide honest advice and full-time assistance; they will guide you and support you every step of the way, so that everything turns out the way you want.
Your wedding planner will work with you to set a budget and then help you stick to it, stretching your dollar as far as it will go. By understanding what’s important to you, a wedding planner can also help you determine what items can be cut from the budget so you can afford to get what you want. Most wedding planners have special relationships with vendors and they won’t just get you the best deal in town. They’ll also help you rest easy knowing you’re working with reliable companies.
If you can’t afford to hire a planner to help you during the entire process, it’s acceptable to bring one in halfway through your planning period or even just on your wedding day. This way, you can still benefit from the services of a wedding planner without the total expense.
Getting married is a remarkable experience in anyone’s life. It is a day of utmost importance to any couple, and that is why the celebration must be regarded and approached in the same way.
Planning a wedding requires training, a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, and tremendous dedication so that everything turns out perfectly.
Every couple is different, and that’s the reason why all sorts of wedding styles exist. Meeting the right professional for you will smooth the process and grant you a perfect wedding day, leaving you with only one task, the most important one: to be happy and enjoy your day to the full.
Photograph found on Pinterest
Many couples never consider hiring a professional wedding planner, and don’t realize that having outside, additional help can save both of them time, aggravation, and even money.
Whether you and your partner are behind in your wedding planning or just looking for some general guidance, the list below will help you find out if you need a wedding planner or not for your big day. If you say “yes” more than “no”, then a wedding planner is likely the right decision.
You might need a wedding planner if:
1. You are way behind on your wedding checklist and schedule.
2. You both work full-time jobs that will prevent you from meeting with vendors on weekdays.
3. You do not have other outside help such as an involved mother-of-the-bride, helpful bridesmaids, or knowledgeable friends.
4. You do not know many people who can give you reliable vendor recommendations.
5. You are having a destination wedding.
6. There are personality conflicts between the couple, their parents, and/or other people.
7. You’re excited to be married, but just thinking about wedding planning fills you with dread.
8. You are having a very short engagement.
9. You can envision your wedding, but you have no idea how to make your dreams come true.
10. You cannot even envision your wedding at all.
11. You are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and generally wishing that you had decided to elope.
12. After reading online wedding advice, you still wish that you had someone to give you personal advice and leadership.
Should You Go Ahead and Get a Wedding Planner?
If you have checked off one or more of the above options, you should hire a wedding planner. Bear in mind that Wedding Planners have inside connections and experience, and the skill set to avoid common mistakes. Hiring a wedding planner might be the most cost-effective move, in the end, to save you from distress and make the entire wedding process seamless and easy.
Related: How to say “No Kids at the Wedding”
How Can a Designated Planner Help You?
Wedding planners have professional and advanced experience in all aspects of wedding planning, from helping couples to set up realistic wedding budgets to putting together overall blueprints with details on how the wedding day will go. From photography to catering and flowers to the music playlist, wedding planners keep you and your ceremony organized all while lessening your stress. It is amazing what wedding planners do, and you can consider the cost of wedding planners when you are deciding if you should hire some outside help.
Another benefit of hiring a wedding planner is they typically help to plan and book your honeymoon inside of your wedding planner package, including travel plans. It is best to look into wedding planners in your local area, ask for referrals, and find a wedding planner that meets your personal expectations.